The CTTÉI is recruiting a level 1 project manager in supercritical processes, to take part in our projects to recover industrial residues and develop clean processes.
Your future employer
A forerunner in the circular economy, and an expert in the recovery of industrial residues and the development of clean processes, the CTTÉI is a center for applied research in industrial ecology that is experiencing strong demand for its innovative hydrothermal oxidation projects.
We have state-of-the-art laboratories focused on clean technologies:
- SupercriticalCO2: 2 laboratory reactors, for extraction, impregnation and sterilization projects, up to 200°C / 1000 bar.
- Subcritical/supercritical water: 2 laboratory batch units, up to 500°C / 450 bar.
- Hydrothermal oxidation pilot plant unique in Canada: continuous 8 kg/h equipment, bubble column reactor, with compressor, high-pressure pump, heat exchangers, reaching 200 bar / 325°C.
- Related equipment for technology coupling.
This equipment is used as part of technical assistance and R&D projects to support industry in its transition to clean processes.
Our environment is welcoming and stimulating.
Do you dream of tackling today's climate challenges? Join our passionate team!
- Everything is done to encourage dynamic collaboration between colleagues. We like to combine professional efficiency with personal benevolence.
- Recognized by the Groupe Entreprises en Santé, our workplace is committed to promoting work-life balance. It is possible to telework up to 3 days/week.
- Equity, diversity and inclusion are integral to the values of the CTTÉI. We welcome applications from designated groups, including women, aboriginal peoples, people with disabilities, visible and ethnic minorities.
- Carry out projects involving, among other things, the study of supercritical processes for the recovery of residual materials, under the mentorship of a level 3 project manager.
- Plan and supervise laboratory tests performed by technicians
- Perform process modeling, calculate mass and energy balances
- Participate in technical and economic analyses (CAPEX-OPEX)
- Support customers in process scale-up and technology transfer projects
- Write technical reports and present results to clients
- Participate in the center's business development and visibility (meet with customers, draft service offers, participate in conferences and conventions)
Your education and previous experience
- Undergraduate degree in chemical engineering or other field combined with relevant experience
- Master's degree (asset)
- Industry experience (asset)
- Experience in process modeling, e.g. with Aspen or Prosim (an asset)
- Experience in carrying out CAPEX-OPEX technical-economic studies (an asset)
- You are rigorous, you like a job well done.
- You like collaborative research, communicating with partners and customers, but report writing doesn't put you off.
- You're agile, versatile and curious; you like variety in your projects.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Full-time, 35 hours/week
- Flexible hours and telecommuting: up to 3 days/week, when projects allow it
- Salary based on experience and qualifications: $60,060 to $71,780
- Benefits: disability, extended health, life insurance; sick leave; employee assistance program (EAP); group RRSP
- Start date to be discussed, desired November 2023
Send us your application by e-mail to email@example.com, if possible before October 9, 2023.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the opportunity, please contact our Operations Manager, Julie Gendron, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Priority will be given to contacting those whose applications we have selected.