UPDATE - 08 December 2012. Please note that applications for this position are now closed. Are you interested in the CTTÉI? Do not hesitate to send us your unsolicited applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CTTÉI is recruiting a researcher specialized in the recycling of critical and strategic minerals (CSM), to participate in our projects on the recycling of batteries, electronic waste, metallurgical by-products and the development of innovative clean processes.
Your future employer
An industrial ecology applied research center with stimulating laboratories!
- As a precursor in the circular economy, expert in the recovery of industrial residues and in the development of clean processes, the CTTÉI's projects are growing and multiplying as the need to make a shift in our industrial and economic practices becomes apparent. We need help to pursue our mission.
- With its new laboratories and state-of-the-art equipment, the CTTÉI offers a welcoming and stimulating work environment. Everything is done to promote dynamic collaboration among colleagues. Recognized by the Groupe Entreprises en Santé, our workplace is committed to work-life balance, diversity and inclusion. It is possible to telework up to 3 days/week.
- We like to combine professional efficiency with personal caring. Join our passionate team!
Be part of the solution - Contribute to the fight against climate change by taking part in the following tasks
- Develop recycling processes for industrial residues, particularly related to mechanical conditioning, extraction and purification of SCMs
- Contribute to a variety of technical assistance and applied research projects in industrial ecology
- Plan and supervise laboratory tests performed by technicians
- Compile and interpret results, make recommendations
- Write technical reports and present results to clients
- Communicate the results of the work at national or international conferences or through publications
- Work in collaboration with other members of the research community, enhancing your network and expertise
- Bring innovative ideas to develop your research niche
- Participate in business development (international travel possible)
Youreducation and previous experience
- University education in chemistry, engineering or other relevant field;graduate orpost-graduate preferred
- Experience, study or interest in metals and minerals recycling, especially hydrometallurgy
- Experience in industry or research (asset)
- Agility, openness to change, ability to adapt to a variety of projects
- Ability to conduct collaborative research
- Rigor and intellectual curiosity
- Good level of oral and written French is mandatory; good knowledge of English is an asset
- Full time and permanent, 35 hours/week
- Flexible hours and telecommuting: up to 3 days/week, when projects allow it
- Salary according to experience and qualifications
- Benefits: disability, extended health, life insurance; sick leave; employee assistance program (EAP); group RRSP
- Desired start date: as soon as possible/to be discussed
Send us your application by email to email@example.com.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss the opportunity, you can contact our Scientific Director Jean-François Vermette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Priority will be given to contacting those whose applications we have selected.