The Center de transfert technologique en écologie industrielle (CTTÉI) is an applied research center affiliated with the Cégep de Sorel-Tracy. Our efforts are focused on waste reclamation, clean processes and industrial symbiosis.
In short, we look for ways to reuse instead of discard, and support Quebec organizations in their transition to the circular economy.
Looking for an internship or student job for winter 2024? Come and help us!
- Carry out a variety of laboratory tasks to test value-added solutions
- Support project managers and researchers by helping companies that have residual materials and want to put them to good use.
Examples of current projects
- Developing an environmentally friendly cement (geopolymer) from industrial residues
- Develop a process to capture theCO2 emitted by certain industries using their own residual materials
- Developing a clean process for recycling computer magnets
- Developing concrete pigments from metallurgical residues
- An internship/job across the street from Cégep de Sorel-Tracy
- Flexible working hours
- A work environment that facilitates work-life balance
- The satisfaction of working for the circular economy and the fight against climate change
- Discover the world of applied research, a plus for your CV!
- Student in natural sciences, engineering, DEC EHST, or another relevant subject
- First year of CEGEP
- Enjoy teamwork and varied tasks
- Navigate between performing tasks on demand and thinking independently
- Be well-organized and responsible to colleagues
- Fluency in French (spoken and written)
- Work schedule: flexible according to your school schedule
- Start date: January 22, 2024
- Duration: until May 3, 2024 (with the option of continuing in summer 2024 and fall 2024)
- Hourly rate: $17.00/hr
The intern will join our friendly, inclusive team at our offices at 3005, boul. de Tracy, Sorel-Tracy.
Places are limited!
WHAT'S AN INTERNSHIP AT CTTÉI LIKE?
Graduating in Natural Sciences from Cégep de Sorel-Tracy, Victoria Lajoie completed a long internship at the CTTÉI to complement her studies. With her internship supervisor François Lemoine, project manager, she talks about her experience: the structure and objectives of the internship, the choice of research topic, and how easy it was to reconcile the internship with her studies!
Discovering scientific research during an internship is a positive and useful experience for your future studies!